Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The newest biker

So Jeffrey got his bike on his LAST birthday, this past May. I was so excited for him to get his bike and get to pedaling so that I would have a place in my double stroller for the new baby. Well, months passed and he just couldn't figure out how to pedal. I would run along beside him, pushing his feet to help him and he still didn't get it. I was pretty sure it was never going to happen when all of a sudden the stars alligned and he took off. It was a beautiful day. We went out and purchased a helmet and he hasn't stopped yet. He LOVES his bike and wants to go out all the time. I still can't jog beside him with the double stroller yet because he's a little too slow, but he's getting better everyday!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! He's doing great!! Thanks for showing us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! He's getting so big and he really does ride very well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it only gets more crazy from here. Braden our 4 year old took his training wheels off last summer and now he wants a trick bike. Yeah right! He already tries to do no hands, no feet, stand up, jump up, etc. He is not getting a trick bike this year. This mom can't handle the stress!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good mom. I didn't notice you taking video the other day. I've been thinking about getting my camcorder out lately, but haven't done it yet. You'll have to give me the video post tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Em! Florida looks os fun- I wish it was warm and we could be doing outside activities. I'm moving down there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. emily,

    what are you trying to do, kill me? these videos of your kids at talla villa warm my heart! we have the same videos of logan and holly riding their bikes around the quad! before we lived in C building (before tom's deployment) we lived in L8, so we have memories of both!

    btw, i think that a few times you have commented on my blog and i thought it was emily griesmeyer, because only "Emily" comes up! sorry! your kids are so cute!

    the 6 am runs are non-existent. tom has to leave for work before 6, so i get no morning me time. i sleep instead!

    how about you?

    ReplyDelete