My sister, Crystal, came down last week from SC to visit. While she was here, we drove over to Latisha's in Panama City. We had a blast swimming in their pool and taking a trip to the beach. My primary purpose in going was to help Tish decide how to hang their pictures/decorations in their new house. Crystal's primary purpose was to get some sun. We got both things done and had a really fun trip!

Jeffrey ready to jump in the pool. He has turned into quite the little swimmer since the beginning of the summer. He's totally independent now and I love it!
Jeffrey swimming and the rest of the gang at the pool.
Catilyn jumping into the pool.

Crystal holding Andrew after the pool. He loves his thumb!

Caitlyn was all tuckered out. Crystal was kind to sit and hold her while she took a little nap.

Jeffrey and Kaylee painting. I rarely do this kind of thing with Jeffrey, which is sad becasue he loves it! It was so nice to have an older child to supervise the fun so I could observe from a distance.

Jeffrey and Caitlyn playing at the beach. We drove down to Saint Andrew's State Park, which the little kids loved because there is a little area jettied off from the big waves. They can go out pretty far without getting very deep at all, and never get knocked over by big waves. Note the dark sky...it caused a few problems on our trip...
The kids running in the shore.

After we had been at the beach for a little while, the rains came. And they came with a vengence. We took cover in a bathhouse and decided to eat our lunch while we were waiting. We were SUPER cold from having gotten wet in our dash to the shelter, and from the winds that really picked up. It was an adventure.

Well, we made it back out to the beach eventually, but Crystal made grim discovery on Latisha's head...her first gray hair. You can't see the actual hair that Tish is holding in her hand, but you can clearly read her feelings on the finding in her face. It was rather humerous...well, not for her.

Jeffrey was getting much braver than I've ever seen him at the beach. He and Caitlyn would go out and jump in the waves by themselves. He would lay down on the shore and let the waves pick him up and move him just a little. They had a blast.

Crystal went out with them for a few minutes and while she was standing beside Caitlyn, a pretty big wave came and knocked Caitlyn down. She got pulled out a little away from the beach and Crystal dove after her so Caitlyn wouldn't get swept away. Crystal was a little shaken from the incident and made Caitlyn hold her hand after that, and of course Caitlyn's response was...."That was a big one!!"
Video of Jeffrey & Caitlyn out with Crystal.

Of course you have to spend sometime digging in the sand!
And Andrew has to get his naps in...I enjoy the quiet time when he decides to take a nap while I'm holding him.
We left from the beach, bathed the kids back at Tish's and headed home. It was as quick but fun 2 days.
Good job, Em! I got excited when I started reading about Crystal diving into a wave - I thought we were going to get to see it on the video :).
ReplyDeleteCute! When are you coming this way? It would be so fun to have a freshman reunuion.
ReplyDeleteThis was great...LOTS of pictures and videos! Yay...!! Read your "list" post too...fun...I did know a lot of them. I agree with Crystal...come buy a house in NC...oh...did she say SC.. I'm sure that was a typo... :)
ReplyDeleteHaha...Mindy thinks she's SO funny. : ) Either one would be better than Florida!
ReplyDelete