It was a really nice run - totally flat and you could see the ocean during many parts of the race. I loved running through the campgounds, down the totally touristy roads and past the lighthouse. A really fun run that I would totally do again! It was really nice that I shaved over 10 minutes off of my last half marathon time...thanks to the flat course!
Me finishing the race - kind of goofy 'cause I'm waving to the kids as I'm coming down the last stretch.
Me coming across the finish line - official time: 2:08:36. It was a 9:49 pace...I was would have been happy with anything under 10 minutes, so I'll take it.
All of us right after the race - it was REALLY windy, which made it feel darn right cold.
Family picture plus Crystal by the ocean.
Wow! Good for you! When are you going to move this way so I can have a running partner? We used to do that in the good ol' college days. :) That is such a long time ago.
ReplyDeleteEmily, that is awesome! I admire runners. I used to be one, until I started having kids. Now I take my beatings with yoga and pilates. I LOVE Tybee Island, such a beautiful place. I can see how running there would be fun. Congrats on your success!
ReplyDeleteyou go girl!!!
ReplyDeleteCrystal Leckie "likes" this post. lol
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed, Emily! I did a sprint triathlon once - - - the 5K was enough to kill me. :) marathon or half...never in my future. I totally admire you!
ReplyDelete