Monday, April 18, 2011

The Magic Drawer

I've never been very good at including my children in the chore of laundry.  For now, I prefer to just do it all on my own.  So after I do laundry, I usually put the clothes back in the drawers when the kids aren't around - either when they're playing in another room or at night after they are asleep.

Tonight I was putting Jeffrey's clothes away when he was still awake laying in bed.  He said, "Mom, what are you doing?"  I said, "Just taking care of the magic drawers, Jeffrey."  He didn't respond, so I turned around and said, "Do you think the drawers are really magical, Jeffrey?"  He said, "No."  And I'm sure at this point that he's coming to realize that the only reason he has clean clothes to wear everyday is because his dear mother labors so hard to constantly wash and fold and put away all the dirty clothes that are produced by a household of 6 individuals.  My dreams that he was finally coming to appreciate me came to a quick halt when he responded, "We have a washing machine."

Maybe next time....

2 comments:

  1. LOL.....still laughing. I love Jeffrey. He's so smart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- first of all I am super impressed that your laundry gets folded and put away in drawers before being used again. We are so often living out of baskets of clean clothes because I can't keep up. Jeffrey's comment is hilarious. I too dream of the day when my children will truly appreciate me. Happy Mother's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete