Sunday, November 4, 2012

Here, there & everywhere (part 4)

Okay, after this post, I will officially consider myself caught up...although it's not really true, since we've had several months since the summer, but whatever.

The last part of the crazy summer (other than the buying of a house...) was the Leckie Family Reunion.  We've all been together several times, but this is the first year that we rented a cabin.  We were going to get a smaller place in Gatlinburg, but 2 days before check in, the cabin we were supposed to get had potty problems, which worked out great for us, because we got moved to a significantly bigger and "nicer" cabin, for no extra $$.  Awesome.  It was a fun week with lots of people and lots of kids, but we had a blast.  Here are a few highlights...

We got to the cabin on August 6 and checked out on August 10.  In on my birthday, out on my mom's birthday.  So the first day there, we had a little combined birthday party.  With a yummy Publix cake :)  This is the first time I remember my mom and I sharing a birthday party.  It was fun!

I turned 33 and my mom turned 63.
Modeling my new running shoes from Dan.

There was a fun theater room, which we manged to squeeze a lot of people into!

Rylee really loved to chase Eric.  Every now and then she'd catch him.
No vacation would be vacation without food for Dan.
Eric thought it was fun to help feed Rylee.
Start of our "Variety Show."  Pretty much everyone participated with one random act or another.  

Nathan seemed the obvious choice for the MC.

Grandpa Leckie relaxing on the deck.

Andrew wanted to swim in the hot tub nearly every minute.

Eric found and emptied the chip cabinet by carrying each bag one at a time to Aunt Sara.

Andrew, Eric & Rylee finding fun in the cabinets.

Sara & Jared orchestrated a game for all to play.  Only minor casualties, so it was a good time!

Derek, Megan, Jeffrey, Brandon & Kate.

Brian, Caitlyn, Andrew & me (I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm not texting as it appears).

Andrew got a little wet - which he loved.

Pretty view from the deck.


Gotta have pictures!

The whole crazy gang.  30 people in all.

Original Joe & Betty Leckie family.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, Em! I really love the pic of you and your sibs with your Mom and Dad. Lovely! Miss them...I always think of our couple Thanksgivings together...they were fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this the other day, but I hardly ever get on my laptop these days. Very nice post...and you really aren't caught up until you blog about your house in Arkansas. : ) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I need to join the bandwagon and catch up my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete