Sunday, September 15, 2013

Caitlyn~6 years old

Apparently Caitlyn wasn't as involved as Jeffrey was, because I can't find terribly many pictures, but she's cute enough to earn her own post anyway.  Here is what Caitlyn has been up to for the past year or so:

Thanksgiving garb.  She loved making this t-shirt at school.

This picture is more about our nightmare trip to Memphis than actually about Caitlyn.  We made a trip over to Memphis to go to the temple and attend Stake Conference.  We decided to get a hotel even though it is only a hour and a half drive, so we could do the temple Saturday and Conference on Sunday.  So Sunday morning we were getting ready for Stake Conference in the hotel.  We went down for breakfast with little incident.  Dan left a breakfast with Eric a minute early to head back up and finish getting ready for church, but by the time I got back up to the room with the rest of the gang, all order was lost.  Eric had pooped out all over Dan's only church shirt.  So we had to dig through the dirty clothes bag to find something else for Eric to wear and a polo t-shirt for Dan (NOT our usual Sunday wear).  We also discovered at this point that the shoes I packed for Caitlyn were too small, so she had to go in tennis shoes.  We just had to believe that the Lord recognized our efforts to get there, even though we walked in looking like we were headed to a circus, rather than Conference.

Caitlyn turned 6 in February.  She really dressed up for the occasion, by not brushing her hair (a usual occurrence) and putting on her hat.  If I give her the choice between brushing hair or a putting on a hat, she'll pick the hat every time.  Crazy girl.
I imagine any parent with an "i-device" will find these pictures when scrolling through the camera roll, but they crack me up just the same.  Look at that hair...

I love her spelling.  The created a "pirate town" at some point, and these were the signs found around the town.


In the spring, Caitlyn played softball.  She had a few lulls, but overall did a great job and was one of the few hitters on the team.  It was fun to watch.


Caitlyn getting her double.  Exciting!



     
After scoring her run.  The only girl who wore a baseball hat during the games.  An FSU hat instead of a "Jonesboro" hat, but whatever!

Caitlyn the artist.  Love the "Yankee Doodle" spelling...  She played with these pieces of paper forever!

More art work.

Happy to catch a fish...not happy to hold it!

This sums up our opinion of fancy hair.  Obviously she's not happy to wear a hairband, and obviously I'm not proficient at putting it on her!
Ah, the Kindergarten program.  Probably too small to see, but Caitlyn is on the bottom row on the far left.  We wake up the morning of her presentation and she dresses in the typical t-shirt and shorts.  I try to encourage her to wear something a tad nicer because she is in a performance.  She really doesn't want to, and I don't feel like it's worth fighting her.  So she looks like herself, big deal, I think to myself.  Then we get to school and I notice all the other children are really dressed up.  I then recall the note that came home asking the children to wear their "Sunday best" to the performance.  I feel like such an idiot and I'm so embarrassed that I brought my child in a t-shirt!  Dan runs home to get a dress, but of course doesn't make it back in time.  I think, "Maybe they'll at least put her in the back since she's not dressed up."  Nope. Front row.  What do you do?


Caitlyn's AWESOME kindergardtn teacher, Mrs. Julie.  She really was the sweetest person and Caitlyn loved her class.  We had a great year at Valley View!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Another post! You're on a roll! I hadn't heard a couple of these stories and they gave me a chuckle...namely the Memphis trip and the school concert. So funny. And Caitlyn is cute even in her tom boy garb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another post! You're on a roll! I hadn't heard a couple of these stories and they gave me a chuckle...namely the Memphis trip and the school concert. So funny. And Caitlyn is cute even in her tom boy garb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post had me laughing several times. Gotta love Caitlyn!!

    ReplyDelete