Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our newest addition

After a little drama around 29 weeks (a night in the hospital and a week on bedrest), the due date finally approached for our new baby.  I was due on March 30, but was a little worried I'd have a baby when Dan went out of town to interview at BYU.  But, Dan went out of town, returned, and 3 days later we woke up and immediately headed to the hospital after some unexpected bleeding.  We arrived at the hospital at 8:00 am and at 8 cm.  At 10:34, our little guy was born.  I had been trying to mentally prepare myself to have a totally natural birth with no pain killers and was so happy to accomplish my goal.  I don't know that I would try it again, but at least I can check it off of my list of things to do in my lifetime.  He's an absolutely perfect and beautiful baby.  We're so thrilled to have him in our family.


 Carbon copy of his 2 older brothers!
 Meeting older brother, Jeffrey.
 Meeting older sister, Caitlyn.
 Sweet little boy!
 Aunt Latisha came over from Panama City for a few hours to meet the new little guy.
 Eric and daddy.
 Jeffrey has turned into the baby photographer - don't know why he took a picture of Eric's head.
 My parents brought some very welcomed help...what would we do without family??

Jeffrey's pictures....


 Lots of love for the little guy.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby boy! Congrats on a safe arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so cute, Emily! Congratulations - - - and Jeffery is turning out to be quite the photographer. :) Love the one he shot of the two younger kids surrounding Eric.

    Eric looks so tiny in his sidebar picture. I forget how they don't even fill up their carseats at first! So cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations guys. Your family is growing and they're all so cute. How did Dan's interview go??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Way to take some pictures and post them. You rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! He is beautiful!
    And yes, how did Dan's interview go?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! We had our little girl on Feb. 8th. Who knows, maybe they'll meet up and be friends at college!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new little person. How funny that we had baby boys so close together. I can't believe how big Jeffrey is. Has it really been that long?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the cutest kids ever! Thanks for posting...it's always fun to see!

    ReplyDelete