So...I have a very independent daughter. Jeffrey was quite the opposite, so at first it was kind of nice that she wanted to do everything by herself. But now I dread hearing, "I can do it myself." It's for everything - getting out of the car, going down the steps, climbing into her carseat (after picking up - and eating - old cheerios from the seat), sitting on the potty, turning on the water to wash her hands, turning off the water when done...the list could go on and on. It's been a painful lesson in patience to let her learn all that there is to learn...on her own of course.
Jeffrey is our big boy. He certainly knows how to be helpful when he wants to be. He is excelling in second grade and is always up for exploring.
Caitlyn - 6
Caitlyn is a mess. She was THRILLED to start kindergarten this year and has recently really taken off with her reading. She plays so nicely with her brothers that I really miss her when she's at school.
Andrew - 4
Andrew once struggled to talk, now he rarely takes a break. He loves to sing & talk & tackle everyone around. He is dying to go to school with his older siblings. He's a fireball and has a fierce temper, but would kiss you to death right after a tantrum.
Eric - 2
Eric is such a funny kid. He's starting to talk, which is always fun to watch. He walked late, but now runs to keep up with everyone. Even when he doesn't try to talk, there's still never a question of what he wants - very assertive this one.
Cute post - and great pictures! She's so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAnd rinsing her own, hair, going down the pool steps...lol : ) I love Caitlyn! "I can do it!"
ReplyDeleteThat's our girl!! She's a cutie~
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally know how it feels!!! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get one like Jeffery someday!
ReplyDeleteThere are some perks to independence though!
What a cutie! We have one of those too. :)
ReplyDelete